Our clients are very important to us. During this time of city-wide and province-wide shut downs due to the COVID-19 Virus, we consider our work to be an essential service.
Our office continues to function and we are attending to our legal matters as needed.
We are of course, taking important precautions in the office and working around certain closures and limitations imposed by the governments and the courts. We will inevitably see many postponements of cases in the weeks and months to come.
The following precautions have been adopted by our law firm at this time:
- The majority of our attorneys are working from home and telecommuting;
- Only the absolutely critical staff are coming to the office until further notice;
- Our offices, always very neat to begin with, are being kept even more clean;
- Commonly touched surfaces such as door handles and desktops are being wiped regularly with a disinfectant solution;
- All of our team members are of course washing hands on a regular basis, maintaining social distance on their own time and commuting with the utmost care;
To assist us in our efforts to contribute to slowing down the spread of the virus, we ask that you cooperate in the following ways:
- Limit consultations with us to e-mail, telephone or videoconferencing;
- If you absolutely must come in to our office, we ask that you do please wash your hands immediately prior to entering our office;
- After entering our office, please do help yourself to the hand sanitizer that has been left in the reception for your convenience;
- Refrain absolutely from visiting us if you have travelled or been exposed to an infected person within the last 14 days.
You may be re-assured to know that our office is fully wired for videoconferencing. We have a sophisticated Virtual Private Network that has allowed our attorneys to practice their trade remotely whenever convenient for several years already. Presently, technicians are setting up other law offices across Montreal based upon a technological model that has already been used regularly by our firm since many years.
In short, we have taken careful precautions to ensure that the epidemiological emergency that has paralysed much of the world should not affect our ability to treat our files as needed.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.